Here are some of the whims I had:
1. Tried and failed to fix the kitchen window. Some things aren't meant to be, like functioning double-hung windows from the 1910.
2. Washed my makeup brushes with this super simple DIY recipe.
3. Wore my dirty, dirty hair in Heidi braids.
4. Wore red lipstick.
5. Found the most flattering lighting in my apartment (standing atop the breakfast nook bench in my kitchen).
6. Read about 48 entries on XOVain. I've never been one for makeup/beauty/trying new things, but once you start down the rabbit hole of product reviews, DIY remedies, "puppy eyes" eyeliner how-tos, it's hard to stop.
7. Started up Words with Friends again, after being the sorest loser when I lost my ninth game in a row.
Completely legal move made by my friend Kyle.
8. Cleaned out my bathroom cabinet. So, so many travel-sized hand sanitizers.
It's rare and privilege that I have an entire day to myself. I used to treasure my solitude, but at one point it turned into isolation. I used to think it weak to need the company of people. Now I know it is a human (and okay) to want and need to connect. But sometimes I need to reset and recharge, and take advantage of those days when I can relish and enjoy my own company.